Wednesday, October 31, 2012

turning natural material resources into garbage via manufactured demand...,



thestoryofbottledwater | The Story of Bottled Water, released on March 22, 2010 (World Water Day) employs the Story of Stuff style to tell the story of manufactured demand—how you get Americans to buy more than half a billion bottles of water every week when it already flows from the tap. Over five minutes, the film explores the bottled water industrys attacks on tap water and its use of seductive, environmental-themed advertising to cover up the mountains of plastic waste it produces. The film concludes with a call to take back the tap, not only by making a personal commitment to avoid bottled water, but by supporting investments in clean, available tap water for all.

6 comments:

uglyblackjohn said...

I buy a case (24) of bottled water for $4 but I sell each bottle at the club for $4 while filtered tap water is FREE.
I still sell more water than I can give away.
People are dumb and will waste money on the most foolish of things.

CNu said...

Great GOOGELEY-MOOGELY!!!! http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/389453_360518130704905_820538489_n.jpg


mebbe time to hightail it down to beaumont for a minute or two.....,

uglyblackjohn said...

Yeah... I had no idea that when I logged out from fb that it would attach itself to subsequent posts.

CNu said...

Cleaned that right on up - after I bookmarked the spot of course....,

uglyblackjohn said...

Thanks. This interconnectivity is getting a bit too much for me to handle.

Anonymous said...

Your means of explaining the whole thing in this piece of
writing is in fact pleasant, every one be capable of without difficulty know it, Thanks
a lot.

Also visit my website; cccam cline tutorial

Master Arbitrageur Nancy Pelosi Is At It Again....,

🇺🇸TUCKER: HOW DID NANCY PELOSI GET SO RICH? Tucker: "I have no clue at all how Nancy Pelosi is just so rich or how her stock picks ar...